- Social Media
- Media Contacts
Berlin, November 18, 2020 – Bayer will support five new startup companies as part of the company’s G4A Digital Health Partnerships Program. Focus will be on fostering the development of a digital health ecosystem, while driving forward integrated healthcare solutions in the fields of cardiometabolic and renal diseases, oncology, and women’s health. The participating digital healthcare companies were selected by Bayer from over 400 applications from over 65 countries based upon current and future strategic fit, development stage and assessment.
“Building new digital business models is a key element of Bayer’s business strategy, with the ambition to actively shape the future of healthcare. We are proud to support startups who share our vision of integrated healthcare solutions that put the patient in focus, not the disease,” said Jeanne Kehren, PhD, Head of Digital & Commercial Innovation and Member of the Pharmaceuticals Executive Committee of Bayer AG.
Bayer’s G4A partnership program offers two digital health collaboration segments. Under its Growth Track, selected early-stage startups receive EUR 100.000 funding to accelerate market uptake, coaching by Bayer executives, and tailored business acceleration clinics. Through the Advance Track framework, digital health companies are aligning for larger commercial deals.
Selected Growth Track partners are:
• Caria: Caria combines data and AI to connect women in menopause with evidence-based treatments, personalized health insights, and a supportive digital community. https://www.hellocaria.com
• Elly Health: Elly Health is a digital health startup helping people impacted by chronic conditions to live healthier and happier through smart audio companionship. Users gain access to unique and personalized content around disease education, meditation practices, exercise videos, symptom management, psychosocial support and patient stories to improve their health-seeking behaviors. https://www.ellyhealth.com
Selected Advance Track partners are:
• Decipher Biosciences: Decipher Biosciences offers a portfolio of genomic tests, is building the GRID database of over 85,000 whole transcriptome profiles, and is partnering with pharmaceutical companies to identify biomarkers of response to novel therapeutics. https://www.decipherbio.com/
• Sweetch: Sweetch is a clinically validated disease management optimization platform that utilizes Artificial Intelligence to significantly affect people's disease management behaviors and clinical outcomes. Sweetch's Just-in-Time Adaptive Intervention (JITAI) proprietary technology converts millions of data points originating from an individual's smartphone and other connected devices into contextual, hyper-personalized, just-in-time, just-in-place recommendations. https://www.sweetch.com
• MyONCARE: The Myoncare Digital Health Platform is a MDR certified medical device that enables the orchestration of all health process workflows with the patient at center in only one app. Since the platform is indication agnostic it provides for a holistic overview of the patients wellbeing and a telemedical communication system for his/her individually created care team. https://www.myoncare.com
At 5pm CET/11am EST today, Bayer will be virtually hosting Agents Of Change: A Digital Health Forum including panel discussions with global thought leaders on digital health topics such as investments, building technology for unmet need, as well as health equity and sustainability. Germany’s Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn will open the event with a keynote speech. Registration and more details on speakers and sessions can be found online at https://events.g4a.health
Bayer’s G4A (formerly Grants4Apps) maintains a vision on “health for all through digital health”. Its mission, to scale digital health to create impact, empower people, and change the experience of health, is delivered in its ecosystem engagements for digital health partnerships and investments, thought leadership, and community. In addition to identifying new digital health technologies, business models and market trends, G4A builds bridges inside and outside of Bayer for digital health companies. As Europe’s first biopharmaceutical accelerator and since 2013, Bayer has supported over 150 digital health companies, resulting in more than 30 direct collaborations. https://g4a.health
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and nutrition. Its products and services are designed to benefit people by supporting efforts to overcome the major challenges presented by a growing and aging global population. At the same time, the Group aims to increase its earning power and create value through innovation and growth. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development, and the Bayer brand stands for trust, reliability and quality throughout the world. In fiscal 2019, the Group employed around 104,000 people and had sales of 43.5 billion euros. Capital expenditures amounted to 2.9 billion euros, R&D expenses to 5.3 billion euros. For more information, go to www.bayer.com.
Find more information at www.pharma.bayer.com
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pharma.bayer
Follow us on Twitter: @BayerPharma
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
View Download Center